Over the last few years, business-to-business (B2B) companies witnessed dramatic shifts in the greater landscape created by unforeseen circumstances that impacted the global economy. Over that time, 40 percent of companies failed to meet their sales targets while faced with countless challenges, such as:
• Longer sales cycles
• Higher competition
• Deficiencies in higher-quality leads
• The overabundance of online content that watered down their content strategies
Let’s investigate the possible causes behind these pitfalls:
Top Mistakes in B2B Marketing
A study by CXL reveals that businesses are still struggling to adapt to the changing landscape. These struggles become even more pronounced in B2B marketing, where businesses are prone to committing common mistakes while forming their marketing strategies. These include:
• Adopting a one-size-fits-all approach
• Seeking to connect with only the decision-makers within the organization
• Implementing broad-spectrum marketing tactics
• Absence of a unique value proposition
• Sticking to approaching cold leads
• Lack of nurturing programs to warm up leads that are not sales-ready
• Lack of creativity and strategic thinking, resulting in wasted effort
As a business owner, how can you successfully navigate the changing landscape while avoiding common pitfalls in B2B marketing? By being creative in your strategies and adopting a targeted approach. For that, an optimized Google ads campaign can be the best tool in your arsenal.
Elements of a Highly Converting Google Ads Campaign
Running a pay-per-click (PPC) campaign through the Google Ads platform is one of the best ways to overcome the biggest challenges of marketing to other businesses. It is a helpful tool that lets you:
• Collect campaign data and measure results.
• Optimize PPC campaigns to save more on advertising costs.
• Enhance PPC performance through strategic Google ads management.
• Increase PPC ROI, or return on investment, by targeting the right audience.
A well-run Google ads campaign is an efficient way to reach your target audience, generate leads and increase sales. But to build a high-performing campaign, it must incorporate two main elements: an optimized Google ad and a persuasive PPC landing page.
This blog will teach you how to build and optimize landing pages for conversions to maximize your PPC ROI.
How To Build Effective Google Ads Landing Pages for Your B2B Google Ads Campaign
In a high-performing B2B ad campaign, the PPC landing page takes care of the challenging task of persuading business professionals and converting them into paying customers.
B2B prospects are different from your typical business-to-consumer (B2C) visitors. They consider all business decisions carefully and will spend more time forming the right one. That’s why Google ads agency experts apply a more logical approach to their Google Ads landing pages to drive a purchase decision.
Below, we share helpful landing page-building tips to maximize your Google Ads landing page’s PPC performance:
Write Copy That Focuses on Problem-Solving
B2B audiences are less interested in feature-packed products and are more geared toward solutions that solve their problems. So, instead of investing time in listing your product’s best features, consider what challenges your audience might face and how your solution can help them overcome their struggles.
Then, optimize landing pages for conversions by communicating the effectiveness of your solutions through this three-step approach:
1. Write a Killer Headline. Capture your audience’s attention immediately with an eye-catching statement that demonstrates value. It should be punchy and direct to hook them in.
2. Give It a Strong Supporting Subheading. Your headline needs to be short and direct and should be able to stand on its own. But a solid supporting subheading can offer additional value and deliver more impact.
3. Highlight Your Results. Culminate with something even more powerful: showcasing your results. Improve PPC performance by highlighting a case study or sharing a strong statistic that emphasizes your results.
Design Your Calls to Action for a B2B Audience
In B2B landing page optimization, your calls to action (CTAs) must be optimized toward a B2B audience. Whereas B2C CTAs rely primarily on FOMO (Buy Now, Secure My Slot Today, etc.), those tactics may not be as effective when speaking to a B2B audience.
B2B audiences are more logic-driven, which means they will focus more on the benefits than be driven by emotion. That said, here are some PPC landing page design tips from PPC ads agency professionals for designing B2B CTAs:
• Be clear and concise. CTAs must contain actionable language and must be direct and to the point. Since business owners are always busy, you must make it easier for them to understand what action you want them to take.
• Focus on micro-commitments. Don’t ask for too much too soon. Instead, focus on asking for smaller details, such as an email address, in exchange for a case study or white paper.
• Create multiple CTAs. B2B customers might take longer to decide to move forward with a product or service. Although it might go against traditional Google ads management wisdom, using multiple CTAs can help you reach out to B2B customers at different stages of the buying cycle.
Build Trust and Credibility by Adding Social Proof
Business owners and Google advertising agency professionals understand the value of social proof in building business success. As reflections of the customer experience, any form of social proof you provide can instill confidence that you will indeed deliver on your promises.
Google advertising agency experts suggest using the following trust markers to optimize PPC campaigns with social proof:
• Client Feature. If you have worked extensively with large clients, create a section where you can feature their logos.
• Testimonials. Providing a snippet of a client’s positive experience while working with your brand makes your brand more authentic.
• Awards and Certifications. Sharing a list of awards, certifications and accreditations you’ve earned or any affiliation you may have with high-standing organizations adds credibility to your brand.
Landing Page Optimization Tips To Optimize Landing Pages for Conversions
Now that you’ve learned how to build effective Google Ads landing pages let’s now discuss how to optimize PPC campaigns through landing page optimization.
You’ve already succeeded in drawing their interest through effective Google ads management. Now, it’s time to convince your readers and let them take action. Here are ways to optimize your landing pages to boost PPC ROI:
Focus on Optimizing Your Landing Page Content
According to online advertising agency experts, B2B customers take longer to decide because they spend more time weighing the possible benefits of an offering. Therefore, your landing page should do an excellent job of communicating that value through your content.
Consider the following optimization tips for improving your landing page content:
According to the two-second rule, it only takes visitors two seconds to form an initial impression. Going by this principle, your headline needs to be clear, concise and prominent to catch the attention of your target audience. Use big letters and bold colors and place them in the center of the page for maximum visibility.
Make sure that your offer is relevant to the prospect you’re speaking to. In this case, sell the need, not the product.
Unlike a B2C audience, B2B customers want to be educated and expect to see as much detail about your product or offer as possible. What advantages does your product or service have? How can your target customer achieve success?
Including images and videos helps disrupt the continuous flow of text across your landing page, increasing page time and improving information retention.
Keep the Layout Simple
Don’t overthink your landing page layout. Remember that you’re building a landing page, not a website. So, while it can be tempting to squeeze as much information as possible, keeping it simple is the way to go.
When deciding your landing page’s layout:
• Keep information concise.
• Use short paragraphs.
• Make your copy scannable by using bullet points.
• Place your primary CTA and other high-converting elements above the fold.
• Remove the navigation bar.
Test and Optimize Through A/B Testing
If you followed the tips we shared above on building effective landing pages, good news: you’re off to a great start! However, to truly maximize the effectiveness of your landing pages, you will need to test them through A/B Testing constantly.
A/B Testing lets you test different variations of the page based on the hypotheses you generate from user research to find the most effective elements. According to an Econsultancy report, companies that see vast improvements in their landing page performance conduct 50 percent more tests than the average Google ads specialist.
Maximize PPC Performance With a Reliable Google Ads Account Manager
The overall effectiveness of your Google Ads PPC campaigns depends on the effectiveness of your landing pages in converting visitors. While a capable Google ads specialist may connect you with your target audience, your landing pages must be able to speak to the B2B audience to get the results you need.
In this blog, we shared tips on creating and optimizing the landing pages for your B2B Google Ads campaigns to maximize conversions. Following these tips may seem easy enough. However, most business owners hardly ever have the time to manage their Google Ads Account Manager suite and build landing pages for their campaigns. This is where the expertise of a Google Ads agency can come in handy.
Thrive Internet Marketing Agency is a digital marketing and online advertising agency specializing in PPC ads agency services. As your Google Ads account manager, we develop and implement robust PPC campaigns that connect you with your intended audience and achieve peak conversions. Get in touch with us today to schedule a free consultation!