When it comes to eCommerce marketing, businesses are evolving and creating new ways to attract more customers and gain brand awareness. Staying abreast of the latest eCommerce trends is essential to keep your eCommerce marketing 2021 strategy effective in the changing world of today’s highly competitive and digital marketplace.
Although they are not always the ultimate source of your marketing strategy, eCommerce statistics help provide your eCommerce marketing company a bird’s-eye view of the important practices shaping the future of eCommerce businesses. What eCommerce trends 2021 present challenges for business owners?
With the knowledge gleaned by helpful eCommerce stats, you can adjust your campaigns accordingly and get better results.
Here are the latest and greatest eCommerce marketing statistics 2021 has brought us so far.
Key eCommerce Statistics 2021
• It is projected that there will be up to 230 million online buyers in the United States in 2021 (Oberlo).
• More than 70 percent of consumers like to shop online because of free delivery (Deloitte).
• eCommerce is expected to make up 15.5 percent of the total U.S. retail sales in 2021 (eMarketer).
• Fifty-four percent of consumers discover brands through social media (Shopify).
• More than half of consumers (52 percent) avoided going to physical stores because of the COVID-19 pandemic (Statista).
eCommerce Marketing and Social Media
More companies are putting effort into making their social media campaigns focused on acquiring leads and sales. One way of doing this is by studying eCommerce statistics that focus specifically on social media.
Dubbed as social commerce, promoting products and services on social media is fast becoming an essential part of a business’s eCommerce marketing strategy. If you own an eCommerce marketing agency, these eCommerce marketing stats are vital to creating successful marketing campaigns.
1. More than half (55 percent) of Gen Z’s fashion purchases were influenced by social media (eMarketer).
Gen Z (14-24 years old) are considered technologically savvy individuals and are more engaged in social media than any other generation. They play a role in determining what eCommerce trends 2021 will bring to the forefront. Businesses targeting younger audiences should consider this statistic as a compelling reason to implement social media campaigns to generate leads and sales.
2. Sales from social media are expected to climb by 20 percent from 2019, with an estimated $23 billion in revenue (Business Insider).
Social media is a part of most people’s lives. It’s not surprising that consumers would consider buying products and services that they see in their social media feeds. Social media platforms are also adding features to make it easier for users to shop. For instance, Facebook recently launched Facebook Shops, which enables businesses to add a shopping interface to their pages.
3. Seventy-three percent of marketing professionals say that social media marketing was great for business growth (Buffer).
Business owners and their marketing teams are aware of the power of social media. This eCommerce marketing stats 2021 proves that social media marketing works when done correctly. Whether it’s in-house or with an eCommerce marketing company, promoting a business on social media is essential for generating leads and sales.
4. More than 25 percent of Facebook users ages 25-34 used the Shop Now button to buy a product in 2019 (Statista).
One of the best eCommerce marketing stats 2021 revealed is on consumer behavior and age group. Younger consumers are more frequently using the “Shop Now” button to make purchases online. In the same survey, Instagram comes in at a close second with 20.2 percent and Pinterest third with 12.5 percent.
eCommerce and Shopping Platforms
These days, online retailers are facing fierce competition. Amazon may be leading the way in eCommerce, but that does not mean that other companies are not reaping the benefits of the eCommerce boom. Here are some eCommerce stats on where people shop online.
5. Amazon accounts for half of all retail sales in the United States in 2021 (Statista).
There’s no doubt that consumers have made it a shopping habit to buy what they need on Amazon. Free and fast shipping, variety and excellent customer service are some of the reasons why consumers regularly shop on Amazon.
6. In September 2020, Walmart had 385.5 million website visits, which went up from 294.5 million visits in February 2020 (Statista).
Walmart provides customers with lower-priced goods. Walmart’s edge on Amazon is its 4,743 physical stores in the United States as well as a wide selection of products. People who prefer to shop at a physical store are more likely to shop at Walmart than any other shopping chain.
7. The top three leading online retailers in the United States by revenue as of 2021 are: Amazon (386 billion dollars), Walmart (67 billion dollars) and eBay (40.5 billion dollars) (Statista).
Judging from these massive revenue figures, it’s apparent that there are a lot of opportunities for eCommerce companies today. Even with Amazon enjoying the big piece of the pie, Walmart and eBay prove the marketplace is not as saturated as one might think. Even small businesses can grow a sustainable income given the right eCommerce marketing 2021 plan.
eCommerce Trends in 2021
Here are more eCommerce marketing stats 2021 has shown on emerging trends in the eCommerce landscape.
8. Almost half of all consumers used mobile devices while shopping online in 2020 (Statista).
Statista further predicts that 53.9 percent of eCommerce sales will be made with mobile devices in 2021. Online retailers and eCommerce companies are now making sure their shopping platforms are as optimized for mobile as they are for desktop users. eCommerce marketing services are also integrating responsive web design to ensure websites load fast and look good on mobile devices.
9. Eighty-seven percent of marketers believe that video content has better return on investment (ROI) (HubSpot).
With more social media apps and content creators switching from blogging to videos, it’s inevitable that brands and eCommerce companies will follow suit. Video ads, influencer videos and even user-generated videos all prove to be effective in boosting revenue and brand awareness. If you’re targeting a younger audience who prefers video, then this eCommerce marketing 2021 stat should be an indicator that video has great ROI.
10. Thirty-nine percent of consumers say that a brand’s sustainability and environmental practices make an impact on their buying decision (GlobalWebIndex).
Consumers are now more environmentally conscious than ever before. Millennials and Gen Z are choosing brands that have eco-friendly packaging and implement best practices for sustainability. As a response, companies offering eCommerce marketing services should consider adapting their products and services to meet the demands of these customers.
11. Eighty percent of businesses plan to use chatbots for customer support (Business Insider).
Businesses are tapping into artificial intelligence (AI) to provide customers with fast and reliable support. Chatbots, computer programs that simulate conversations similar to humans, are now more commonly leveraged on eCommerce websites as a way to answer customer queries. Chatbots help companies provide support and improve customer experience with minimal costs. For an eCommerce marketing company, AI can help provide and scale customer service automation for multiple clients.
12. More than half of buyers prefer local businesses. Seventy-nine percent of these buyers say they do so to support small businesses that are struggling to cope with the pandemic (Shopify).
Despite its negative socio-economic impact, the Covid-19 outbreak has strengthened communities and created a renewed sense of taking care of one other. As such, some consumers feel like it would be more beneficial to their communities to support locally owned companies than big brands.
If there’s one thing to learn from all these eCommerce stats, it’s that the eCommerce landscape is constantly changing. The key for companies to flourish is to be aware of what customers need and act quickly to fill that need. It only takes one look at these eCommerce marketing statistics 2021 has brought to our attention to realize that consumers are truly changing.
Whether you are an eCommerce marketing agency or a business looking for eCommerce marketing services including eCommerce SEO for shopping platforms like Shopify, Walmart and Target. We’ll help you develop an in-depth understanding of today’s digital shoppers that can give you an edge over the competition.
If you want to learn more about winning eCommerce marketing strategies, then get in touch with an eCommerce marketing agency like Thrive. Thrive provides customized solutions that help you achieve your goals for your eCommerce business while keeping up with eCommerce trends 2021 has in store.