Video testimonials are an excellent way for your potential customers to see and hear what your current clients have to say about your business. According to a study conducted by Invisia, 90 percent of online shoppers believe that video content helps them make buying decisions. By watching a video testimonial, your prospects can relate to the same challenges plaguing your existing clientele and recognize that you are the brand to help them overcome their obstacles, whatever those may be.
Video testimonials also capture emotion and authenticity better than any other form of media. When given a choice between written or video content, 59 percent of senior company executives stated that they would rather watch videos than read the same content, as reported by Trust.
Based on these findings, it’s clear that video testimonials work. If you’re scratching your head, wondering why your landing pages don’t seem to rake in the conversions you expect, video testimonials could be the missing piece of your conversion puzzle.
Benefits of Using Video Testimonials on Landing Pages
Research conducted by Vidyard revealed that 41 percent of marketers use customer video testimonials in their digital marketing strategy, and 57 percent of them utilize the videos in their website’s landing pages.
Here are some of the top reasons digital marketers choose to add a client testimonial video to their landing pages:
It Boosts Conversions
If you want the best landing page for your business, showcasing video testimonials is one way to do it. Data shows adding a customer testimonial video on your landing page increases conversions. According to Vocal Video, 89 percent of enterprise organizations have seen a 50 percent increase in conversion rates when marketing campaigns use testimonial videos. Meanwhile, a report by Forbes said including videos on your landing pages can increase conversion rates by an astonishing 80 percent.
Of course, you will need to invest time and resources to produce video testimonials created with landing page conversion optimization in mind. Plus, there is the question of how to get video testimonials from your customers.
You can consult or employ a professional video testimonial service that delivers high-quality customer testimonial videos. These experts can answer all your video testimonials questions and, from there, build the best landing page for your business.
It Strengthens Credibility and Add a Human Touch
The best landing pages feature testimonials because they strengthen the credibility of your business. After all, only a satisfied customer will praise a product or service. By showcasing the effectiveness of your offerings and your customers’ resulting satisfaction, you establish that your company is worth the investment.
Remember: People connect with people. And a client testimonial video is a form of word-of-mouth marketing, one of the world’s most effective marketing strategies. A person talking about their first-hand experience with a product builds trust and creates an emotional connection. That connection can transform prospects into customers and even brand advocates.
It’s Great for SEO
Why use video testimonials? Because search engines love videos.
Your business needs to hold one of the top spots in search engine results to stay relevant in today’s landscape. Search engine optimization (SEO) and reputation management can help your company achieve this.
According to a study conducted by Forrester Research, video content is 50 times more likely to get organic page rankings on Google. So you are giving search engines what they want by including video testimonials landing page best practices. Before you know it, your website is on its way to topping the search rankings.
The thought of SEO can be daunting, especially to those new to digital marketing. If you are unsure how to optimize your client testimonials video, leave it to the experts. As part of their wide range of conversion-driven initiatives, their landing page optimization services aim to turn page visits into sales. Simply, they know how to make a great landing page with video testimonials.
It Generates Leads
Video testimonials can be used at multiple stages of the buying process, making them versatile tools in lead generation. TrustRadius reported that testimonials were more effective than other lead generation techniques because they were “more authentic” and “unbiased.”
Lead generation can be a highly technical process. Still, digital marketing experts will be able to help you develop great landing pages guaranteed to move your leads down the sales funnel.
How To Get Video Testimonials From Customers
Convincing a satisfied customer to go through the process of recording a testimonial doesn’t have to be a challenge. Follow these tips to encourage your best customers to advocate for your brand.
• Choose the right customer – The first step is choosing the customer to appear in the video testimonial. This person must be someone who has used your product or service for a long time and has experienced great results.
• Give them perks – Offer them benefits as compensation for their time. Discounts, free trials and gift cards are just a few examples.
• Give them a call – Call them first before sending them a formal permission letter. Be clear on what the customer should expect.
• Send a formal permission letter – Mention every detail in the letter, such as the time and location of the video shoot. Provide the video testimonials questions or a general outline of the video to allow your customer to prepare.
• Don’t push – If the customer seems reluctant to participate, don’t push. Make sure that the customer is 100 percent willing and happy to help.
If you’re still uncertain about how to get video testimonials from customers, the best move is to turn to professionals. They know how to make a great landing page using video testimonials. They will be your guide, from the initial data collection stage to the publication of your landing pages, to ensure that you get maximum returns.
Testimonial Videos and Landing Page Optimization
Creating the best video testimonials is just the first step. Next is utilizing them properly and making them work for you. This is done using the right landing page optimization strategies.
But first, what is landing page optimization? Simply put, it is the process of improving each element of your landing page to increase conversions. Video testimonials are a major part of the landing page optimization process. Here’s how best to incorporate them.
Video Testimonials Best Practices for Your Landing Pages
The following are landing page best practices to ensure that your client testimonials video generates leads and conversions for your business.
• Showcase positive results – The best video testimonials focus on the positive change experienced by your customers as a result of your service or product. If you’re a business-to-business (B2B) enterprise, you can start with essential details, such as the name of your client and the nature of their business. Then follow up with a short story about how you were able to help them solve their problem. Finally, finish with a solid call-to-action (CTA).
• Keep it short – It’s easy to get carried away when producing a customer testimonial video. But unfortunately, a customer’s attention doesn’t last beyond 90 seconds, so make the message of your video clear and concise.
• Placement of the footage – As we said, what is landing page optimization without stellar video content? Remember: Always keep landing page optimization in mind to ensure maximum results. For example, you should position your client testimonials video at the top of the page and center-aligned. This placement has a 32 percent higher conversion rate than videos placed on the bottom right, according to Unbounce.
• Be authentic – The best video testimonials are unscripted, so let your customers be genuine and allow them to tell their stories on their terms.
• Hire a service – A video testimonial service will help you execute all of these landing page best practices as effectively and efficiently as possible. Any digital marketing agency worth its salt has expertise in creating landing pages in line with the industry’s best strategies in landing page conversion optimization.
Why use video testimonials on landing pages? Because it’s a surefire way to boost conversions and positively impact your bottom line.
Video testimonials are versatile marketing tools that build trust among prospects and get the phone ringing. By leveraging video testimonials best practices, you are on your way to fortifying your lead generation strategies and obtaining the conversations you deserve.
Are you looking for a company that offers a video testimonial service with landing page conversion optimization?
Thrive is a full-service marketing company offering landing page optimization services, and we are ready to answer whatever video testimonials questions you may have. Our team of experts knows how to make a great landing page that converts your website visitors into paying customers. Talk with a conversion rate or email marketing specialist about the best strategy for your brand and assets today. Call 866-908-4748 – we can’t wait to hear from you.