Facebook, now called Meta, is the biggest social media platform on the internet today. The site has 2.8 billion monthly users and attracts the third-largest traffic globally. Given this impressive reach, businesses lose out on a large portion of their target audience by not having a robust Facebook marketing strategy.
If you don’t have the right Facebook marketing strategy, don’t worry. Our Facebook marketing agency has put together a list of the top Facebook statistics to help you stay on top of trends and fine-tune your approach.
With this industry overview as your guide, you can fuel your next steps with the latest Facebook facts and figures and develop an effective, profit-generating Facebook marketing strategy for your business.
Let’s dive in!
Facebook by the Numbers
Looking for quick Facebook facts and figures? Take a look at Facebook by the numbers to see how the social media giant has impacted all sectors of society:
• 2 – Facebook is the second most downloaded app on Google Play Store after TikTok.
• 3 – Facebook currently ranks third among top websites in terms of traffic, second only to Google and YouTube, respectively.
• 12 – The number of posts liked by the average Facebook user per month.
• 34 – Minutes spent on Facebook per day for an average user.
• 59 – Percentage of the entire social media population reached by Facebook.
• 93 – Percentage of businesses active on Facebook.
Facebook Marketing Statistics
Facebook is one of the best social media platforms to use for your social media marketing strategy. Here are some insights to help you fine-tune your marketing strategy:
• Fifteen percent of users used Facebook as a platform to find products they could purchase online in 2019 (eMarketer, 2019).
Facebook marketing services are aware Facebook is becoming the go-to source for everything eCommerce. Facebook stats show users are turning to the platform to find new products to purchase. And with the launch of Facebook Shops, it’s no surprise that Facebook will become a primary eCommerce platform in the coming years.
• Seventy-eight percent of U.S. consumers have made purchases online thanks to discoveries they made on Facebook (Kleiner Perkins, 2018).
A recent report released by Kleiner Perkins revealed some interesting Facebook marketing statistics. It showed Facebook as a leading driver in product discovery among 78 percent of U.S. adults between ages 18 to 34, quickly becoming a driver for 55 percent of online purchases.
• Facebook Stories receive over 500 million views daily (TechCrunch, 2019).
Features like Facebook Stories are some of the many reasons companies rely on Facebook for business success. Despite the short-term nature of interactions made through Stories, it has appealed to a wide range of demographics, making it a powerful tool in every business’s Facebook marketing strategy.
• About a third of Facebook users visit local business pages at least once a week (Facebook, 2017).
Many local establishments use Facebook for business purposes – and for good reason.
Facebook Pages are among the most popular business tools on Facebook, according to Facebook stats 2022. A Facebook page lets your share all relevant business information, like your store location, opening hours and contact details. You can also regularly publish content, which can drive engagement and help you connect with customers.
Facebook User Stats
Facebook caters to a wide range of users. If you’re looking for insights to fine-tune your advertising campaigns, knowing these Facebook user stats helps improve your ads’ targeting capabilities.
• Facebook has 2.41 billion monthly active users (MAUs), which is 12 percent higher year-over-year (YoY), according to Facebook statistics 2022 (Facebook, 2021).
To be clear, an active user is defined as a registered and logged-in user who visits the site within 30 days of the last date of measurement. Considering these Facebook stats, it’s clear that Facebook remains the largest social network on the internet today, with over 2.41 billion MAUs. This corresponds to a 7.18 percent increase in active users YoY.
• Sixty-nine percent of Americans are Facebook users (Statista, 2021).
While Facebook is popular among all demographics, most of its user base are adults. Among those saying they use Facebook, 70 percent claim they visit the site daily, with 49 percent doing so several times a day.
• Mobile Facebook user stats reveal 98.3 percent of Facebook users access the platform through its mobile app (Statista, 2021).
As the second most downloaded mobile app today, it comes as no surprise that mobile has taken over desktop as the preferred way to access Facebook.
This shows the incredible reach Facebook has over mobile users – a good reason for every Facebook advertising agency to optimize their ads and content for mobile.
Facebook Ads Statistics
Facebook is one of the largest ad publishers on the internet today and is second only to Google in market share. Use our Facebook stats 2022 compilation below for Facebook advertising company professionals to learn more about advertising on Facebook:
• According to Facebook ads statistics, Facebook’s ad revenue reached a record-high $27.2 billion in Q4 of 2020 (Facebook, 2021).
Facebook stats 2022 revealed a 28.1 percent increase from its advertising revenue in Q3 of 2020 when it recorded a previous record of $21.2 billion. These figures also correspond with a 1,945.67 percent increase from its ad revenue in Q4 of 2012.
For any Facebook advertising agency worth its weight, it’s clear that Facebook is now an essential channel for brand advertising and is not going away anytime soon.
• The average cost-per-click on Facebook ads as of September 2021 is $0.96 across several industries and campaign objectives (Wordstream, 2021).
Analyzing Facebook by the numbers, we can see that cost per click (CPC) is 12 percent lower YoY. This shows Facebooks ads are relatively more cost-effective than CPCs on LinkedIn ($5.26) and Instagram ($3.56).
• Facebook ads have the potential to reach over 2.18 billion people (Hootsuite, 2020).
One of the most significant advantages of using Facebook for Business is its incredible ads reach. Although Twitter’s average CPC may be lower ($0.38) than Facebook’s, Facebook still has the advantage in potential reach. With roughly 2.89 billion active users, Facebook advertising experts could tap into over 75 percent of the platform’s audience with their ads.
Facebook Video Statistics 2022
Whether you’re a Facebook advertising company gathering information on video ads or a local business gathering information to guide your video marketing strategy, there’s plenty of information you can use below:
• Facebook Watch has an audience of more than 1.2 billion users each month (Facebook, 2020).
Facebook Watch is starting to become a powerful marketing tool that Facebook marketing services shouldn’t ignore. Boasting an audience of over 1.2 billion users each month, it’s a potential goldmine for all your marketing efforts:
• Facebook advertising experts will see more exposure for their video ads.
• Influencers will see more opportunities to increase engagements through video.
• Facebook Live promises to be more lucrative for eCommerce businesses.
• Video marketing content can see increased viewership through social video.
• The average Facebook video post has an engagement rate of 0.26 percent (Hootsuite, 2020).
This may look a little small, but take into account that the average engagement rate overall is 0.18 percent. That means video posts get 44.4 percent higher engagement than the average Facebook post.
• Fifteen percent of all content on Facebook is made up of videos (Social Insider, 2021).
Video content now makes up a significant percentage of all content published on Facebook, including native videos, live videos, video ads and Facebook Stories.
Although it’s still far from Mark Zuckerberg’s earlier prediction that Facebook will be mostly video by 2021, it’s still a big step toward that goal, given that videos only made up 11 percent of all Facebook content in 2018. This is a testament to video’s growing popularity and value as a marketing and advertising tool. Facebook advertising agency professionals and experts should take advantage of this growing trend and leverage video ads.
With billions of users logging in every day, Facebook is undoubtedly an important marketing channel for every business and an excellent tool for every Facebook marketing agency. But however essential it is, it’s evident from these Facebook facts and figures that it’s constantly evolving as a social media marketing channel. That makes it critical for your Facebook advertising company to stay tuned into Facebook statistics and adjust its strategy accordingly.
And that’s it for our Facebook statistics 2022 roundup! In this guide, we shared Facebook marketing statistics, Facebook ads statistics, Facebook user stats and Facebook facts and figures to help you develop and refine your marketing strategy. When used right, these Facebook stats can shape your marketing strategy into a certified money-maker.
Not sure where to begin? Get in touch with our Facebook marketing agency today. Thrive offers Facebook marketing services that catapult your business from relative obscurity to prominence with the help of our Facebook advertising experts. We leverage the power of our Facebook statistics 2022 guide and more to catapult your business to greater heights. Book a free consultation to get started on your journey to online growth.