Drone photography and videography are snowballing as the tech continues to evolve and become more accessible for businesses. As such, many seek to invest in drone videography services for various purposes and benefits.
But if you’re on the fence, we explore the benefits and use cases of drone photography and videography in this blog. We also cover specific industries engaged in aerial drone videography to inform you better. But first, what is drone videography, exactly?
What Is Drone Videography?
Drone videography is the process of capturing video footage from an aerial perspective using unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) or drones. Drone videos offer a unique and captivating look at any scene or subject that is impossible to achieve through traditional ground-level videography. The technology for aerial drone videography has advanced to the point where professional-level videos can be created with minimal effort and cost.
The Benefits of Aerial Drone Videography and Aerial Drone Photography
Whether you’re looking to capture stunning visuals for a commercial advertisement or simply want to have fun shooting drone photos to share on social media, there are endless opportunities available for your business. Here’s why investing in drone marketing photography and videography services is an exciting and rewarding feat:
Drone videography is a cost-effective way of capturing aerial drone photos and videos. Traditional aerial shots are captured using manned aircraft, such as helicopters, so they can be extremely expensive due to the costs associated with renting or leasing the aircraft, pilot fees and other necessary permits. In contrast, drones are much more affordable and provide even better results.
Drones are incredibly versatile and can capture footage from various angles. From low-altitude shots to aerial views high up in the sky and creative transitions, drones can provide different perspectives that traditional cameras cannot. This helps businesses capture unique drone videos and images, be it action shots, landscapes, transitions or anything in between.
Aerial drone photography and videography provide a safe way of capturing footage. As drones are unmanned, drone videographers can operate them from a safe distance away and fly in high altitudes without putting operators at risk. Drones are capable of performing complex maneuvers, such as circling tightly around a subject or tracking movement, making them ideal for capturing hard-to-reach areas.
#4 High-Quality Footage
Drones provide a unique perspective that can tell stories in ways no other technology can. Businesses benefit from high-quality drone footage with 1080p, 4K, 5K or even 8K recording resolution. Drones are equipped with advanced sensors and cameras, which allow them to capture sharp and detailed drone images and videos that can be used for huge promotional campaigns or internal use.
“Drone videography gives a unique perspective not usually seen by most,” said Chris Clements, Thrive’s video production expert. “Drone videos captivate their audience, creating a connection through striking imagery.”
Different Use Cases for Aerial Drone Photography and Videography
Here are more specific uses of drone photography and videography, serving as benefits.
#5 Relive Events for Your Audience
Using drones for events, such as wedding drone videography, has become increasingly popular due to its ability to capture the grand scale of events from a unique perspective. From large outdoor festivals, concerts and sporting events to smaller weddings and graduations, aerial drone videography provides a captivating view of the entire event, allowing people to relive the experience again and again.
#6 Inspect and Map Areas With Ease
Aerial drone photography and videography are used for inspecting and mapping large areas to gather data that can be used for surveying, construction planning, forestry management, agriculture monitoring and more. The technology of drone photos and videos allows for quick access to hard-to-reach areas and the ability to capture detailed footage that can provide valuable insights for businesses.
#7 Monitor and Survey Areas for Protection
Drone videography services can be used for security and surveillance purposes, such as monitoring public areas or large events. Drone videos provide a bird’s-eye view that can help detect potential threats, which can then be addressed immediately. Drones can also help with perimeter protection by scanning the area for intruders or other suspicious activity on demand.
#8 Jazz Up Your Content for Digital Marketing
Drone marketing photography and videography can bolster your content for advertising campaigns, whichever industry you may be in. You benefit from a unique visual perspective of products or events from previously unreachable angles. With impressive aerial views and high-quality visuals, you add powerful elements to your digital marketing content that grabs your target audience’s attention.
#9 Market Real Estate Properties With an Aerial Perspective
Utilizing drone technology as a way to show off properties from an aerial perspective allows you to appeal to potential buyers by giving them a better view of the property and its surroundings. This real estate marketing strategy can be especially helpful for properties with expansive views or those located in hard-to-reach places.
So including real estate, let’s explore more industries that can benefit from drone marketing photography and videography.
Industries That Benefit From Drone Videography Services
From real estate drone photography to wedding drone videography, here are the industries that can benefit from drone photography and videography services.
• Film or entertainment. Drones empower filmmakers to capture dynamic footage that would be difficult or impossible to capture otherwise. Aerial shots are not only creative but have proven effective in stirring emotions from viewers.
• Agriculture. Drones enable farmers to survey crops and yields from the sky, providing a more efficient way to assess crop health and identify potential problems before they progress. You can also monitor livestock with drones.
• Search and rescue (SAR). Using drones for SAR operations, users are able to scan a large area quickly, allowing them to locate lost or injured persons in remote or inaccessible areas in less time than it would take to do it on foot.
• Construction. Architects capture stunning visuals to create detailed 3D models of buildings and structures with a bird’s eye view. You can analyze the construction progress, providing valuable insights into timelines and costs.
• Real estate. Real estate drone photography and videography are popular. Drones can capture aerial shots of a property, providing potential buyers with an excellent overview of the best features of each building or area.
• Events. Event planning companies often use drones to capture spectacular visuals of weddings, concerts, festivals and more. Drones can also be used for live-streaming events for an immersive and dynamic experience for viewers.
• Infrastructure management. Using drones to monitor railway systems, roads, bridges and other infrastructure enables companies to detect problems in hard-to-reach areas quickly. You can reduce cost and time expenditures.
• Utilities. The utilities industry has also embraced drone videography to monitor pipelines, dams, power lines and other infrastructure. You can inspect terrain for leak detection or repair needs in hard-to-reach locations.
• Mapping. Mapping is another field that stands to benefit from drone videography. With drones, surveyors capture high-resolution images and videos of landscapes and create more detailed and accurate 3D maps.
As drone technology continues to evolve, more and more industries will likely benefit from hiring a video production team specializing in drone videography. However, the challenge lies in ensuring you capture powerfully appealing drone images and videos.
FAA, Part 107 Certified Drone Videographers
Fortunately, Thrive has professional drone videographers in-house certified by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). Apart from our expertise, our team is equipped with high-end equipment to guarantee high-quality drone images and videos for your business.
If you want to see some of our sample work, message our team or call us at 866-908-4748.