Email has been around for a while, much longer than the social media behemoths Facebook and Twitter, and the countless blogs and sites that have popped up in the last 15 years. In fact, most of us can probably remember the first time we used the Internet and the experience probably involved setting up that first email account (Juno, anyone?).
Just because email has been around for so long isn’t a reason to abandon it in search of newer and shinier internet marketing options. Email may be old, but it is not anywhere close to dying. Actually email marketing has been found to still be one of the most effective marketing methods for small businesses and beyond.
If you’ve got a business that you’re trying to grow, don’t pass over email as you construct your marketing strategy. We’ve got 11 facts that we think will convince you to use email marketing for your small business!
11 Signs Small Business Email Marketing Is Thriving
Read these facts carefully, check out the articles and surveys we’ve linked to, and if you’re not ready to start up your own email marketing campaign at the end of it, then I’ll eat my hat (in stages, and covered in ketchup):
1. Customer acquisition through email marketing has climbed steadily the last 4 years, and not just gradually – it’s doubled in size for each of those four years!
2. With 2.9 billion user accounts, email has more active participants than Facebook and Twitter combined.
3. By the end of 2018, it is estimated that there will be over 5.2 billion email accounts. That’s quite a lot of email accounts you could be adding to your mailing list!
4. Marketing to an existing customer is 6-12 times cheaper than using other marketing methods.
5. Email marketing has the luxury of providing users with simple metrics to track and judge ROI. That’s a real benefit in the online world of vague marketing promises.
6. For every single dollar invested, the average email marketing return is $44.25.
7. 35% of adults say they made use of a coupon or discount they received via email in the last week.
8. 66% of marketing pros deem email’s return on investment as “excellent” and “good.”
9. 56% of small and midsize businesses have seen the value of email marketing and increased their email marketing efforts in 2013.
10. If you’re a B2B marketer, you’re in luck! 88% of B2B marketers find that email is the most effective lead generation strategy.
11. It works in our increasingly mobile world. 52% of phone users check their email using their mobile device, with 42% of marketing emails being opened and viewed.
Your Thoughts on Email Marketing for Small Business?
So what do you think? If you’re an entrepreneur or business owner, would you want to start an email marketing campaign after reviewing the facts we’ve listed above? Tell me your thoughts in the comments below!
Fully convinced and ready to get some email marketing going on in your business? Here’s a super beginner’s guide from KISSmetrics, or you can put the small business email marketing experts at Thrive to work right away when you contact us!