Name/Title: Judyann Sonido, Demand Generation Content Specialist
Home office: Laguna, PH
Family and pets: I have three sisters and one brother –I’m the fourth child. I live with my mom and my siblings, one pug named Jarvis and one rottweiler named Armstrong.
Start date at Thrive: 2 January 2020
How did you get started with Content Writing?
Writing was kind of forced on me in high school. They said I’m good at writing so I pursued it till college. Found my passion. Got a job in digital marketing as a content writer after grad. Now, I work as a content specialist. I love that I get to do what I love while earning income.
What do you love about working for Thrive so far?
The job, people and the work environment in general. Everyone’s so kind and understanding that you always want to give your 101 percent. Plus, I get to learn every day and work at the comforts of my own home.
When you’re not at work, how do you spend your time?
I like to travel and go on a food trip with my family. I am also a volunteer/sponsor in the AP community –an organization that supports the education of the less fortunate kids.
If you could turn anything into an Olympic sport, what would you have a good chance of winning a gold medal for?
Eating sweets and sleeping.
What would be your karaoke go-to song and what setting would we likely find you singing it in?
“Just Another Woman In Love” by Anne Murray. I’m an old soul so I sing everything that’s on your mom or dad’s playlist.
If you could be any character from any book or movie, who would you be?
John Watson from Sherlock Holmes, so I can be Sherlock’s sidekick and love interest. 😉
Where did you grow up and what is special about that place?
I was born and raised in Laguna. Everything about this place is special because:
1. This is where our national hero, Jose Rizal, was born.
2. It’s home to the University of the Philippines, my alma mater and the country’s highest-ranking university.
3. There are lots of resorts, falls, hot springs, beaches, and other fun adventures to explore!
If you were in a room with three billionaires, what would you ask them and why?
Where does all your money go? I’d take the chance to ask for donations in kind for the people in slum areas. 😉
If you could invite three people to dinner (dead or alive), who would be at the table and why?
1. Benedict Cumberbatch, so I can stare at his beautiful face and listen to his smart ideas.
2. My dad, so I can ask him and see if he’s happy up there.
3. Taylor Swift or Adam Levine –I just want to listen to any of these two sing while I’m having the conversation of my life with my dad and Benedict Cumberbatch.