It’s undeniable that effective direct communication with Amazon shoppers is crucial for any seller’s success.
Amazon is currently rolling out its platform’s email marketing capabilities that you can use to connect, engage and nurture relationships with your customers, which makes selling on Amazon easier. You can create a better Amazon shopping experience when customers know more about the products available to them.
Learn about these tools so you can formulate a customer engagement strategy with Amazon email marketing campaigns to drive sales and increase revenue. With new customer targeting tools, you can fine-tune your eCommerce marketing strategy.
Manage Your Customer Engagement (MYCE) Tool
Amazon Tailored Audiences is part of Seller Central’s Customer Engagement tool, which allows eCommerce sellers to segment customers and use plug-and-play templates to reach out to them, which makes selling on Amazon easier. In addition, these tools will enable you to inspire repeat purchases, offer new deals and share your new products. The Manage Your Customer Engagement (MYCE) tool is an excellent way to connect with your engaged audience and increase product visibility.
This tool offers several benefits:
• Improve customer relations and build connections with storefronts while Advertising on Amazon.
• Formulate an effective customer engagement strategy.
• Increase the visibility of new products.
• Help boost brand loyalty since you’re interacting with current customers.
• Inspire repeat purchases.
• Allow you to send new product launch announcements.
Successful Amazon sellers use this retargeting tool to reach consumers and generate repeat sales, increasing their customer lifetime value (CLV). You need to be eligible to use the program to maximize its use.
To be eligible for MYCE and continue Advertising on Amazon, eCommerce sellers, and vendors need to be brand registered, which means they should be enrolled in Brand Registry. In addition, they should have an active storefront on the portal. At the moment, you can use this tool to promote new products which have been posted within the past six months. However, new campaign options are scheduled for release later.
How MYCE Works
This free program’s campaign setup is pretty straightforward, making it easy to integrate into any customer engagement strategy. You are only required to do a few things:
• Your logo should be in JPG or PNG format with a maximum file size of 5 MB to 8 MB. The image should also have a horizontal orientation and a transparent background.
• Selected products to promote.
• A supporting image you would like to use.
• Finally, select a delivery window. (usually lasts four days)
This tool can increase Amazon engagement and fine-tune your eCommerce marketing strategy.
Step-by-Step Process for MYCE
Here’s the step-by-step process on how you can use MYCE to set up campaigns:
1. Open Amazon Seller Central and log into your account.
2. Go to Brands and select Customer Engagement.
3. On the top right corner, click the Creative Campaign button.
4. Next, the Campaign Selection window pops up. Choose the appropriate brand under Brand Selection. After that, click on the Create Campaign button at the bottom right.
5. Enter your campaign information, including the title, email settings and event type. Go through the Brand and Layout Settings to customize the Amazon emails you would like to send.
6. Upload your brand logo.
7. Go to Primary Product Selection to enter your header, the product ASIN numbers, supporting images and product details.
8. Select your send dates from the dropdown in the Campaign Delivery Window.
9. Click on Start Campaign at the bottom right.
Using the Amazon Tailored Audiences Tool
As stated earlier, the Amazon Tailored Audiences tool is part of Amazon’s Customer Engagement program. This is one of the tools that Amazon has launched to boost customer lifetime value (CLV). You can use this tool to connect with specific customers who have opted to follow your brand or store. Tailored Audiences can target all customers who have purchased from your store in the past 12 months.
Different Customer Types
As mentioned earlier, this Amazon marketing services tool is easy to use and offers plug-and-play email templates. You can use Tailored Audiences to expand your reach to three different customer types besides your current brand followers.
1. Brand Followers: These customers have opted to follow your store or brand on Amazon. They have provided express permission that allows you to send Amazon emails and other announcements regarding your brand. Brand followers may or may have yet to purchase from your store previously. When reaching out to these customers, it is best to start with your brand offerings along with other deals in the pipeline. The campaign frequency for these customers is seven days.
2. Repeat Customers: A shopper is considered a repeat customer if they have made any order from your store in the past 12 months. Consider them your loyal customers since they have made repeat purchases. It is best to send them Amazon emails with offers that reward their loyalty. These offers inspire them to keep purchasing from your store, and the rewards boost customer loyalty. The campaign frequency for these customers is 14 days.
3. Recent Customers: Included in this category are the latest 20% of your customers who purchased from your store. Since these customers have recently purchased products from your offerings, it is best to send them emails that boost customer relationships. In addition, make sure to send them more of your brand offerings. The campaign frequency for these customers is also 14 days.
4. High-Spend Customers: Among your recent customers, these are the ones who have spent the most when purchasing your products. Included in this category are 25% of the highest-spending customers of your store in the last 12 months. Send emails to create brand advocates, encourage repeat purchases, reward them with discounts and special offers and improve their Amazon shopping experience. The campaign frequency for these clients is also 14 days.
Monitoring and Reporting
The Tailored Audiences tool provides successful Amazon sellers with analytics tools that help you monitor your email campaigns. It can generate reports that show you the click-through rates (CTR), open rate, opt-out rate, total emails delivered, conversion rate and total sales generated. With the information and real-time data you can gather from these reports, you can adjust your campaigns and test how well they will go. A seasoned email marketing agency can help you identify specific metrics that best suit your campaigns.
The following metrics can help you optimize your campaign performance and boost Amazon engagement:
• Open Rate: This metric indicates how many customers opened your email. Monitor the open rates of product launches, discounts and coupon code emails. It is best to keep sending the type of emails that have higher open rates.
• Click-Through Rates: This metric tells you how many customers clicked the links in your direct marketing emails. The emails with a higher CTR tend to have a higher Amazon engagement and conversion.
• Sales and Conversion Rates: These metrics are high indicators of your campaign’s success and ability to generate revenue.
• Opt-Out Rate: A higher opt-out rate may indicate that you’re sending spammy, overflowing, or low-value content. This metric helps you fine-tune your emails and send those with more value for your customers.
Email Marketing Strategies You Can Use
You can apply several email marketing strategies with Amazon’s MYCE and Tailored Audience tools. In fact, an experienced eCommerce email marketing agency will likely use them to create high-performance campaigns.
1. Make Review Requests
Amazon allows for a five to 30-day window after purchase for shoppers to leave a product review. You can use Amazon’s direct marketing emails to request reviews, especially when interacting with recent shoppers. Since 88% of consumers consult online reviews before purchasing, generating more reviews can help increase sales (TrustPilot, 2021).
2. Build a Subscriber List
You can create an external subscriber list using the information you can gather from your customers. You can also do this by gathering emails through a landing page on your website, as you offer discounts for Amazon purchases and relevant content.
3. Drip Campaigns
You can begin a drip campaign by sending thank-you emails to new shoppers. You can ask them to opt-in and become a brand follower so you can send subsequent, direct marketing emails regarding your offerings. This strategy is an excellent way for any eCommerce email marketing agency to ensure you stay connected with your audience and build a strong customer relationship.
4. Special Promos
Another common email strategy is promotional emails to highlight your products. Inform customers about product bundles and discounts, and you can also use them to drive traffic to your website.
5. A/B Testing
A reputable eCommerce email marketing agency will also use Amazon’s email tools for A/B testing your marketing campaigns. This allows them to make adjustments as needed and fine-tune their strategies.
Remember that you can email your Amazon customers every seven or 14 days. The only time your emails won’t get sent is when they opt out of your email list, when customers haven’t opened any emails within 12 months, or if customers have never made any email-based purchases in the past year.
Work With a Seasoned Amazon Email Marketing Agency
Amazon email marketing tools allow you to engage directly with customers, promote your products, boost sales and generate product reviews and feedback. These tools are still being rolled out and may be challenging to navigate without experienced and expert help from specialists who understand Amazon marketing services.
Thrive is a premiere Amazon email marketing agency you can turn to for help. We have served hundreds of Amazon ecommerce sellers promoting their brands on this platform. We make selling on Amazon easier for you so that you can accelerate your business growth. Call today to request a quote or schedule a consultation.