Are you still relying on Internet Yellow Pages for your air conditioning business local SEO strategy?
A recent study shows that Internet Yellow Pages are used only 7% of the time to search for local businesses.
Search engines, like Google, are used to find local business information 74% of the time. Are you ready to take the next step in your online marketing efforts? Here are a few local SEO strategies to improve your HVAC contractor business.
3 HVAC Local SEO Strategies
Fix Bad Data For Your Air Conditioning Company
One of the main factors for local search is the consistency of structured business citations. A business citation is a reference to your business address, namely your business name, address, and phone number (NAP). Ensuring that your business information is correct and consistent across local business directories will allow the search engines to confirm that you are who you say you are.
How To Create A Good Business Citation?
- Use a tool like SmartyStreets to retrieve your valid USPS address information. Use the USPS address information to make sure that your NAP is consistent across the web.
- When creating business citations, make sure to fill out as much information as possible. If the listing allows for images, add as many high-quality images as you can. If they allow you to link to your social profiles, do it. The more information you can supply the better.
- Create a business description using targeted keywords that you would want to be found for. Just remember don’t keyword stuff, use a natural writing style. Also, create several variations of the business description to use synonyms of your targeted keywords.
Acquire HVAC Customer Reviews
The importance of obtaining and monitoring online reviews for your HVAC company should become an integral part of your local SEO strategy.
A recent study found that 9 out of 10 individuals read online reviews to determine the quality of a local business. The study also found that 88% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations.
How To Obtain Customer Reviews
- Utilize your current business collateral by incorporating a call-to-action pushing the customer to leave a review.
- If you send out a transactional email (customer receipt) include a call-to-action asking the customer to leave a review about their recent service.
- If a customer posts a review onto social media, reply and thank them for the review. This could trigger other customers who follow your social media channel to leave a review as well.
- Use a third-party customer review management platform that can help you obtain the reviews that then can be syndicated onto such places as Angie’s List or Yelp.
- Create internal competitions between employees or incentivize your employees to get reviews.
The Rise of Mobile Search
A Pew study found that over half of the U.S. population owns a smartphone. Google reported that four in five people conduct local searches on search engines and 88% of those consumer use a smartphone to conduct the search. The Google report also noted that 61% of mobile searches resulted in a phone call.
Is Your Website Mobile-Friendly?
An increase in mobile usage is also contributing to local search growth. So as part of your local SEO strategy for your HVAC company, you will need to ensure that your website is mobile-friendly.
- Above the fold content load in one second. Nobody wants to wait around for a web page to load. Slow loading pages will drive those visitors to your competitor.
- Easy to read the content. Avoid having the user to pinch and scroll to be able to read your content.
- Make it easy for the user to call you. A call button is important to 70% of smartphone users and 77% of tablet users.
- Make sure your website renders correctly on a smartphone. Head over to Google’s mobile-friendly testing tool to see if you site pasts the test.
Take The Next Step With Thrive
Not sure where to start? Let Thrive Internet Marketing help you with your local SEO strategy to improve the online visibility of your HVAC company. We have experience in the home improvement industry and can help your business succeed online. Take the next step and call (817) 642-9686 or contact us online.