THRIVE SERVICES USED
Grow Strong Industries makes the best indoor growing and hydroponic equipment like grow tents, grow lights and powder fertilizers. Its products are a benchmark of quality and innovation and are used by indoor plant growers and enthusiasts in the United States.
The company partnered with Thrive Internet Marketing Agency to address its Amazon listing issues, improve advertising and build its brand on the Amazon marketplace. Sales were steady starting January 2022, and the trend looked negative.
Thrive took over the client’s campaign in May 2022 and has since achieved lifetime high dollar sales in 3 out of 6 months.
Within only six months, Thrive’s Amazon marketing experts generated a 291% increase in ad sales (April-October 2022). Monthly ad sales in April were $21,000, ACoS was 21 percent and CPC was $1.05.
Key Metric: Sales Generated from Ads
Meanwhile, October Ad Sales were at $82,000 with an ACoS of 15.3% and CPC of $0.61. This translates to a 27% decrease in ACoS and a 42% lower cost per click.
Key Metric: ACoS
Grow Strong Industries needed a strategic partner to tackle several issues on its Amazon store, including:
- Variations out of order.
- Content not getting published on Amazon despite several attempts and communication with seller support.
- Some UPCs linked to two ASINs.
- Incorrect images published in listings.
- Performance notifications and Account Health issues that threatened listing deactivation.
- The advent of cheaper-priced competition from China (some selling at half the price).
With frustrating problems like these, the client found it hard to focus on their core area of expertise.
Thrive did a detailed audit of Growing Strong Industries’ Amazon account and its competition to create a strategy that would build a stronger brand and eliminate the operational issues on Amazon.
The most urgent goal was to get the account health in good shape to prevent suspension on Amazon. Appeals were filed to remove violations, and other trigger keywords were also removed from the content. By August 2022, there were 0 performance notifications for the entire month and no listings taken down.
To ensure continued campaign success, we also focused on:
- Ongoing flat file uploads.
- Brand registry and seller support cases to fix the listing issues.
- Creating new listings using GS1 UPC codes, as the older listings were having issues because of non-GS1 UPCs.
- Implementing a strong advertising strategy to build on existing brand search volume.
- Expanding into competitor’s space with the right target message.
- Defending listings from competitors.
- Video Ads and creatives in Sponsored Brands, which helped the products to be identified with “TALLEST. THICKEST. STRONGEST,” the client’s tagline.