Web Project Manager
Join Our Company:
Thrive is one of the fastest growing and top digital marketing agencies in the world. We are a full-service agency that handles everything in-house and delivers massive and sustainable growth to our business partners and clients. We think about our work in two words; Relationships and Results.
President Matt Bowman founded Thrive in 2005 and has grown the company to over two-hundred employees in thirty-five different states and eleven different countries. We have a deeply rooted talented team (respectfully referred to as Thrivers) of project managers, web designers, content writers, social media specialists, and search engine optimization specialists. We are a close-knit team that is motivated, smart, disciplined and committed to turning ideas into actions.
We now have new headquarters located in Arlington, Texas and have an exciting opportunity to jet fuel your career! We are hiring a Project Manager to join our Web Team. (and you can live anywhere in South Africa!).
This full-time position in the Thrive Web Team will act as a primary client interaction point. We often have many web projects running at the same time so this person will need to love a rapidly changing environment and be able to stay on top of shifting schedules, changing expectations, and the juggling of resources. Thrive mostly works with small to medium-size businesses. You will be responsible for managing 12+ web projects at any given time from the initial planning phases to launch. You will be the primary contact for the client and will be responsible for working with our team of designers and developers to create the marketing strategy, make sure the projects are on time, on budget and are up to our level of quality by also providing quality assurance.
- Oversee & manage the development of client’s web projects from inception to launch
- Manage team’s tasks by assigning and ensuring they are completed on time & on budget.
- Manage 12+ web projects at any given time
- Setting up Projects in our Project Management System
- Prepare tools, documentation, schedules, and scope
- Assign and manages internal and external resources
- Meet with clients to capture requirements, present data, and get approvals
- Manage content, design, and development tasks by working with writers, designers, and developers
- Set up development environments with system admins and ensure the platform is ready for coding
- Oversee code development, making sure it meets requirements and testing for quality control
- Manage project launch activities ensuring sites are launched on time and correctly
- Manage Support Tasks and Requests from existing clients
- Quality Control on Projects by ensuring proper coding, proofreading content, checking designs meet requirements, etc.
The candidate should possess the following skill sets to be successful in the Thrive culture:
- Must have experience managing website projects from inception to launch
- Comfortable tracking time using time tracking software and attributing to the correct projects
- Strong customer service attitude and skills
- Ability to manage client expectations and successfully overcoming barriers
- Ability to answer client questions and lead them to the correct conclusions
- Strong English communication skills (written & verbal)
- Above-average time management skills
- The ability to be a team player and help fellow Thrivers
- Highly organized
- Comfortable taking the lead in a complex situation
- Enjoys problem-solving
- Knack for multi-tasking
- Comfortable working on a deadline and has a personal drive to achieve them
- Ability to manage remote resources (internal and external) from all other the world
- Ability to effectively communicate and rationalize technical and creative concepts and opportunities as solutions to business goals
The candidate should have the following minimum qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in IT, Business, or Marketing (or related experience)
- 5+ Years experience managing projects in a Digital Marketing Agency
- 5+ Years managing WordPress projects
- 3+ Years managing e-commerce projects, such as WooCommerce
- 5+ Years of project management principles & methodology (scope, time, risk, communication, problem-solving)
- 5+ Years of customer service
- Knowledge of web design, SEO, and internet marketing
- Knowledge of Waterfall & Agile Methodology
- Knowledge of Shopify preferred
- Experience of the WordPress & Shopify backend
- Experience with Page Builders, such as Beaver Builder
- Experience with managing budgets and resources
- Experience testing websites for issues and quality control
- PMP Certification is a plus, but not required.
Hiring organization: Thrive Internet Marketing Agency
Employment Type: Full-Time
Apply for this job:
Thrive recognizes employees in many ways for their contributions and their commitment to the organization. One such way is by offering a very comprehensive benefits package. This includes a competitive salary, a bonus structure, and a strong benefit program that includes, health, dental, disability, vision and life insurance benefits. At Thrive, we want to ensure all of our employees stay healthy, feel secure, and maintain a strong work/life balance.
Please email Cindy Deuser, HR Manager at [email protected] for more information about this position.