THRIVE SERVICES USED
A renowned organic plant seller in Richmond, VA, entrusted Thrive Internet Marketing Agency to handle its website redesign and digital marketing strategy. The client had outgrown its current marketing company and needed a more focused marketing partner that could deliver a positive return on investment (ROI).
The redesigned website was launched in June 2022 and has since generated tremendous growth. The company’s eCommerce conversion rate increased by 24.12% year-over-year (YoY), transactions up by 39.45% YoY and revenue increased by 40.87% within only two months.
The website redesign is showing improvement on all major metrics in a short period. And as we continuously implement new marketing strategies, we expect to see more profitable results.
Three months prior to the web launch (March-May 2022), the client’s eCommerce conversion rate was up by 19% year-over-year, transactions were down 2%, and revenue declined by 2.7% YoY.
Below shows the months prior to launch compared to the previous year:
Evidently, the large-scale redesign has significantly driven a higher percentage of sales:
Thrive’s digital marketing efforts also delivered an impressive growth rate:
- Email Revenue (YoY): +40.21%
- Top 5 Keyword Rankings: +100%
- Emails Deployed (January 2022): +355,201
- Total Inquiries (June 2022): +59.89%
- Average Email Open Rate: +15.9%
- Ad Click-Through Rate (CTR): +40.49%
- Organic SEO Traffic (YoY): +102.80%
- Ad Conversions: +26.44%
The client sells herb plants, which means that June and July tend to be slower than spring. This is the same reason there’s low sales growth from winter to summer.
Taking into account seasonality, we focused on the following strategies to ramp up the client’s traffic and conversion rate:
- New homepage design
- More user-friendly navigation
- Adding a shipping page
- Adding social proof to every product page
- Building additional inbound links for the site within irrelevant existing content on other site domains
- Shopping campaign targeting all the products
- Targeted email campaigns
- 2-3X monthly email deployment to keep current leads engaged
- Updating over optimized page titles and meta descriptions for all products across the website
- Backlink building
- Location targeting
Thrive’s laser-focused strategies keep the client’s business strategy on track.
Priorities for the Months Ahead
Our next steps focus on continuous backlink building, targeting priority pages and keywords currently ranking within the top 15 positions. We will also continue to optimize and publish new fall-related content and conduct a quarterly audit to ensure the website’s on-page optimization is up to date with any new content or products that have been added.