This multiple-location residential foundation repair company has been serving the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex for several years now. The firm services more than 2,900 structures in the DFW metroplex and consistently maintains an A+ Better Business Bureau (BBB) rating, making it one of the most sought-after providers of foundation repair solutions in the area.
In 2016, the client reached out to Thrive Internet Marketing Agency to increase its rankings for targeted keywords and drive high-converting traffic to its website. Over time, we were able to exceed the company’s short- and long-term goals year after year and achieve 434 first-position rankings throughout mobile and desktop results across its service locations: Fort Worth, Arlington, Dallas, Plano, Irving and Frisco, TX.
Thrive’s search engine optimization (SEO) campaigns centered on balancing the site focus between target cities to drive a steady stream of leads, traffic and conversions to the website every month. From only 74 total conversions in April 2017, we hit an all-time high of 399 conversions in April 2021.
Additionally, our on-page and off-page optimization efforts drove 1,161 keywords to the top 5 rankings in search engine results pages (SERPs) in June 2021 – a drastic growth from 409 top 5 keyword rankings in June 2017.
Top 5 Keywords Year-Over-Year
Here’s a closer look at how our SEO strategy helped the company achieve unprecedented growth year-over-year (YoY):
YoY Performance (2015 – 2021)
Overall, Thrive’s SEO campaigns generated the following results:
Organic search continues to be one of the major sources of traffic for the website, driving a 274.7 percent increase in new users and a 279.2 percent increase in total sessions YoY.
Executing the Strategy
The foundation repair industry is extremely competitive. We had to address several technical SEO issues to improve the client’s site performance and harness its power as a lead generation and conversion machine.
Some of the critical issues we found during our site audit included:
- Bounce rate: 42.2%
- 12 pages with redirects
- 3 pages missing a meta description
- 11 pages with titles that were either too short or too long
- 3 pages with a meta description that did not meet the word count limit
- 2 pages with a low word count (fewer than 250 words)
- Confusing calls-to-action (CTAs) throughout the website
- Mobile users made up about 61 percent of site traffic but had a lower conversion rate than desktop users
- Mobile visitors spent 10-20 seconds less on the website compared to desktop visitors
- 50 percent of site visitors were leaving the website before seeing the form on the homepage
Another major challenge our SEO team encountered in managing the client’s SEO campaign was seasonality. Most leads were coming in from June to November, affecting the client’s lead acquisition efforts.
Thrive’s SEO strategy comprised action steps geared towards achieving quick wins while laying the groundwork for long-term success. To begin with, our SEO specialists created a list of priority pages to optimize to bolster the website’s traffic performance.
Once we identified the key areas for improvement, we created a keyword map specifying which search terms were being targeted on specific web pages. This served as our guide for on-page optimization.
We tackled the rankings and traffic in the local Dallas and Arlington areas before expanding our content strategy to reach surrounding areas such as Grapevine, Irving, Southlake and more.
Our on-page optimization strategy involved:
- Fixing duplicate page titles and meta descriptions
- Optimizing page titles that were too long or too short (no less than 50 characters, no more than 70)
- Creating meta descriptions for pages without a description
- Updating meta descriptions that were too long or too short
- Optimizing H1s, heading tags, images, file names, metadata and alt texts
- Schema optimization and technical SEO
- Optimizing location pages for geographic relevancy
- Local business citation optimization and listings management
- Google My Business (GMB) optimization
- Content buildout and expansion for location and city pages
Rankings in Arlington and Dallas areas ramped up quickly following the implementation of local business citation building strategies. The client also worked hard to gain reviews and strengthen its online reputation.
With a laser-focused SEO strategy and holistic digital marketing plan that resulted in organic traffic and conversion growth, the client successfully sold its business and enjoyed retirement.
We continuously update our SEO strategy to remain flexible with the ever-changing landscape. Our next step is to review the impacts of recent core algorithm updates to the website and optimize our content marketing strategy to publish more relevant, high-quality blog posts that answer common questions about foundation issues.