Encouraging your target market to follow and interact with your brand’s social media pages is extremely important, considering the growing relevance of social signals for Internet rankings and customer loyalty. A creative social media marketing approach to increasing your brand’s following and customer interaction is by enticing your target market with coupons!
Use Coupons As A “Carrot On A Stick”
Coupons are one of the oldest methods of advertisement around and the Internet has made them even better. With the rising popularity of RetailMeNot, CoolSavings, and Coupons.com, getting a bonus with an online coupon has become easier and more appealing. Companies like Starbucks, Target, and Michael’s are offering their consumers exclusive coupons through their sites, apps, and social media pages. Why do all these companies find it worthwhile to incorporate coupons into their social media strategy? Because they realize that coupons are an effective “carrot on a stick” method to increase their followers and encourage customer loyalty.
How to Use Coupons In Your Social Media Strategy
So, let’s get started with some ideas on how you can use coupons to draw your target market to your brand’s social media and interacting with your page.
- Offer coupons exclusively on your social media pages. Make sure the deals provided can ONLY be found on your social media, so don’t repeat the same deal on your site or app as well.
- Be creative with the coupons you offer. For example, tell your followers that once you hit a certain number of likes or shares, you’ll provide a coupon that offers all your followers 50% off.
- Create deals that encourage your current followers to share your posts or request that their friends become followers of your page. One way of doing this is by offering a coupon that rewards the person that brings in the most new followers.
- Offer a discount or special offer to everyone that likes or follows your page for the first time.
- A frequent practice when using social media coupons is to offer a general, all encompassing deal of some kind that’s offered to anyone who is a fan on Facebook. Something like: “Like us on Facebook to receive exclusive email offers that can save you up to 50% on your future installations.”
- Pro tip: You don’t want to hold back so much that your online offers don’t matter, but you don’t want to over saturate your followers either. A good rule of thumb is to offer promotional content on your social media pages only 20% – 30% of the time.
Promote your Brand With Social Media
There are literally thousands of marketing campaigns being implemented today to bring traffic to social media pages, but one very effective and simple avenue that sometimes remains unexplored by businesses is coupons.If you can find the right balance with drawing and retaining attention to your brand’s social media pages with coupons, you will escalate your sales and your company to the next level. If you would like to learn more about how social media marketing can help you promote your business, contact us!