WordPress Support Developer (Remote)
Founded in 2005, Thrive Internet Marketing Agency is a US-based digital marketing agency that creates custom WordPress websites and digital marketing strategies for businesses across the United States and around the world. Thrive is committed to cultivating a culture of exceptional people who create outstanding results for our clients. We are a close-knit team that is motivated, smart, disciplined, organized and committed to turning ideas into action. We are professional, honest and passionate about our work.
We already have many happy clients and are adding more every day. Grow with us as we address the business marketing needs of clients across the United States and around the world
Strong communications skills are essential! Communication is the most important aspect since you will be working remotely. I can’t stress this enough!
***Must work 8 hours a day from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm CST (UTC-6) Monday through Friday***
Must be comfortable with Face to Face Video Conference Calls with our Team
This is a remote work / telecommute job opportunity.
- Minimum 5 Years Experience as a WordPress Web Developer
- Advanced knowledge of SEO principles as it regards to web development
- Advanced knowledge of Responsive Design principles as it regards to web development
- Knowledge and experience using a project management platform, TeamWork a plus
- Knowledge of WCAG 2.0 AA Compliance a major plus
- Graphic Design abilities a major plus but not required
- Constantly create “Client Delight” by providing high-levels of customer service and solving client tickets quickly and accurately
- For some support tasks you might be asked to convert PSD files to custom WordPress landing pages.
- Backend development such as WordPress admin customization, API integrations, creation of plugins, etc.
- Customer support for web, SEO and product clients.
- Any other requested work that may be needed to help the team. Could include email newsletters, HTML site changes, event registration forms, etc.
- Skills required include: In-depth knowledge of WordPress, HTML5/CSS3, PHP/MySQL, Jquery, Ajax, cross-browser compatibility, SEO semantic code, w3c standards, WCAG 2.0 AA. Other skills needed: Photoshop, advanced code editors.
- Will need to communicate rapidly and effectively with all parties involved in projects.
- Will be expected to meet or exceed project deadlines and budgeted hours for development. If deadlines or budgeted hours will not be met, communication with the team is expected before the fact.
- Keep track of all details on project status and next steps. Be able to report that information when requested.
- Will be expected to have a drive to continually learn and grow in knowledge and skill of web programming. Will be expected to follow leading blogs and other resources to stay on the cutting edge of technology and the latest security issues.
- Be flexible and able to take on other tasks or projects that may be requested.
- Customer Service focused with a can-do attitude willing to do whatever it takes to make it right for the client.
- Must be able to solve multiple complex development issues quickly
- Must be able to solve issues on any WordPress theme even custom themes that don’t have documentation
- Must be able to take the code from another developer and fix any issues and also improve upon it
- Must have a very Strong PHP background
- Must have a Strong Knowledge of WordPress Core, including theming and plugin development
- Must have a Strong front-end background (JS, CSS3, JQuery, HTML5)
- Must have a Very Strong written & verbal communication skills (English)
- Extremely diligent with responding to support tickets, responding to emails, joining video conferences, etc.
- Fast & reliable internet and computer PC or Mac
- Honesty – we value honesty and won’t tolerate lying.
- Integrity & Respect – Let’s treat our customers and each other with respect. We won’t tolerate things like stealing, cheating, damaging property or destroying work.
- Hard Work – lots of work with strict deadlines requires working hard and sometimes putting in extra hours to get the job done.
- High-Quality Work – our quality of work sets us apart from our competition and we must deliver on this promise to our clients.
- Organization – must be detailed, keep a daily list of tasks up to date and avoid mistakes. This is vital to our team’s efficiency as well as our quality standards.
- Communication – regular updates to the Thrive team and when needed, our clients.
- Teamwork – we will work together, get along and accomplish goals.
- Sense of urgency – in today’s business world, speed is vital. We must be fast, agile, adaptable and make the important things happen quickly.
- Professionalism – we are providing a professional service and expect our team to act accordingly with our customers and with each other.
Hiring organization : Thrive Internet Marketing Agency
Location: Arlington, Texas
Industry: Internet Marketing
Experience requirements: 5+ Years
Employment Type: Full-Time
Compensation : Based on experience
Benefits: Health/Dental Insurance, Paid vacation days/holidays, 401K, Bonus
Remote Work : We offer remote working so you don’t have to live in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas.
Date Posted: 10-03-2018