Join Our Company:
This is a remote position on the Thrive Web/Support Team. Primary responsibility will be as a Back End Web Developer and PHP Programmer. You will work to provide a high level of customer service solving client issues and website requests quickly and accurately for our web and digital marketing clients.
Preferred Background and Experience:
- Minimum 5 Years Experience as a WordPress Web Developer/Programmer/Engineer
- In-depth knowledge of WordPress Core, including theming and plugin development
- PHP Coding – extensive experience, including object-oriented programming (OOP)
- Extensive knowledge of WordPress functions and hooks, plugin and theme structure, template tags, custom post meta, and escaping/sanitization of data.
- Custom coding experience including APIs (including REST API)
- WordPress admin (backend) customization
- Cross-browser compatibility, mobile friendly layouts/queries
- Experience with popular plugins, themes and frameworks, including:
- WooCommerce and popular add-ons
- Easy Digital Downloads
- Gravity Forms and various add-ons, integrations
- Advanced Custom Fields configurations
- Multisite setups
- Genesis Framework
- Beaver Builder and other popular page builders
- Gutenberg Blocks (development)
- Experience using advanced code editors
- Knowledgeable in writing performant data queries
- Knowledge of SEO web development principles, and SEO/HTML semantic coding
- Successful experience with site optimizations for Google Page Speed and Core Web Vitals
- Knowledge of responsive web design principles and W3C standards
- Comfortable with Photoshop and/or GIMP; able to convert PSD files to custom WordPress pages with custom styling
- Experience using a project management platform (we use https://www.teamwork.com/)
- Bonus Experiences:
- Working with Git (version control) / GitHub (or other platforms)
- ASP, Python, Ruby on Rails, Bootstrap, Angular, and Headless JS experience
- Experience using the terminal/command line, build tools such as Composer or Gulp
- Knowledge of WCAG 2.0 AA Compliance a major plus, ADA Experience preferred
- Graphic Design abilities a major plus but not required
- Google Analytics website integrations
- Involved in the WordPress community and/or contributed to WordPress Core
- Created/released a plugin or theme on the WordPress.org repository and/or other directory
- Experience with other platforms is also preferred:
- Salesforce and integrating WordPress with Salesforce.
- Amazon/AWS, Google Cloud, MS Azure
- Landing Page CMS (e.g. Instapge, HubSpot, and Unbounce)
Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Able to build or fix code/functionality issues in PHP, WordPress, etc., including working with code that has minimal or no documentation
- Able to efficiently perform WordPress and plugin updates and correct errors or upgrade issues.
- Out of the box thinking to solve custom coding / functionality requests
- Able to debug performance and caching issues
- Detail-oriented, with good time management, and ability to triage issues
- Excellent QA skills for your own and other’s work
- Customer Service focused with a can-do attitude, willing to go the extra mile for client success
- Able to assist other developers as needed to advise on other coding issues
- Able to confidently provide an estimate of hours for a given set of project requirements
- Flexibility and range to assist with a variety of other requests such as email newsletters, basic HTML site changes, event registration forms, and any number of our client’s web requests
- Must have very strong written and verbal communication skills (U.S. English)
- Diligent in managing and responding to support tickets, emails, chats, etc.
- Able to keep excellent developer notes for each task/project
- May be required to communicate or meet directly with clients (video conferencing)
- Fast & reliable Internet connection and computer (PC or Mac)
Web Team Values:
- Hard Work – Lots of different projects with strict deadlines require working hard and sometimes putting in extra hours. We must be fast, agile, adaptable and make the important things happen as quickly as possible.
- High Quality – Spending extra time and review to ensure extreme quality assurance and to avoid mistakes.
- Organization – Must be detailed, keeping daily tasks up to date, contributing to our team’s efficiency.
- Communication – Providing regular task updates to the Thrive team and ability to communicate professionally with technical and non-technical colleagues and clients.
- Ongoing Learning – Having a drive to continually grow in web development skills and learn new things; following leading blogs and other resources to stay on the cutting edge of technology, security and the latest developments.
- Teamwork – We will work together to accomplish goals, and have fun together.
- Honesty, Integrity & Respect – We treat our customers and each other with respect and professionalism. We won’t tolerate things like lying, stealing, cheating, damaging property or destroying work.
You’ll Love Working at Thrive!
Thrive is one of the fastest growing and top digital marketing agencies in the world. We are a full-service agency that handles everything in-house and delivers massive and sustainable growth to our business partners and clients. We think about our work in two words; Relationships and Results.
President Matt Bowman founded Thrive in 2005 and has grown the company to over two-hundred employees in thirty-five different states and eleven different countries. We have a deeply rooted talented team (respectfully referred to as Thrivers) of project managers, web designers, content writers, social media specialists, and search engine optimization specialists. We are a close-knit team that is motivated, smart, disciplined and committed to turning ideas into actions.
Hiring organization: Thrive Internet Marketing Agency
Employment Type: Contract
Apply for this job:
Thrive recognizes employees in many ways for their contributions and their commitment to the organization. This includes a competitive salary, a bonus structure, and a strong benefit program. At Thrive, we want to ensure all of our employees stay healthy, feel secure, and maintain a strong work/life balance.
Please send resumes to the Support Team at Thrive, [email protected].