Social Media Manager (Organic)
Join Our Company:
Thrive is one of the fastest growing and top digital marketing agencies in the world. We are a full-service agency that handles everything in-house and delivers massive and sustainable growth to our business partners and clients. We think about our work in two words; Relationships and Results.
President Matt Bowman founded Thrive in 2005 and has grown the company to over one-hundred and eighty employees in thirty-five different states and eight different countries. We have a deeply rooted talented team (respectfully referred to as Thrivers) of project managers, web designers, content writers, social media specialists, and search engine optimization specialists. We are a close-knit team that is motivated, smart, disciplined and committed to turning ideas into actions.
We now have new headquarters located in Arlington, Texas and have an exciting opportunity for a Manager, Social Media (Organic) to join the team. (and you can live anywhere in the country!).
The Social Media (Organic) Manager will be responsible for mentoring, training, and managing a team of Social Media Strategists, Specialists, and Interns. Serve as an account manager with primary accountability for the success of key customer accounts. Ensure client satisfaction and ROI; know your craft and stay on top of changes in the industry.
Staff Leadership, Development, and Training: Serve as the main point of contact for your team. Provide knowledge-based and technical training to continually develop your team members. Be responsible for social media onboarding training with new strategists assigned to your team. Be available daily for questions from team members. Ensure that selected Thrive management tools are being used to maximize overall job performance including but not limited to outsourcing tools, outsourcing hour goals.
Team Assessment and Development: Schedule and participate in a team meeting (POD) and weekly update meeting with each Social Media Strategist, Specialist, and Intern to discuss the status of each Client Campaign and related goals. Assist in constantly prioritizing actions towards getting the best results possible for the client. Work closely with the team members to fully understand, strategize, and meet client goals. Discuss each Client Campaign status and set goals for the future. Ensure that checks and balances are in place with each strategist to make sure quality work is being completed, client communication is strong and deadlines are being met. Help to keep track of strategist’s managed hours/revenue as they approach and quality for each tier.
Client Relationship Management: Understand and own client goals. Maintain and build relationships with key client staff to maintain optimal retention rate and client satisfaction.
- Constantly create “Client Delight” by providing high-levels of customer service.
- Oversee client’s social media marketing content strategies.
- Develop creative campaigns to drive traffic, leads, and revenue for Thrive’s clients.
- Manage client’s social media channels and work with Content Team on content efforts.
- Conduct market research to determine the best channels for our client’s activities and budgets.
- Strategy development, managing timelines, and creation of high-quality copy and site content.
- Act as primary account manager for client’s and as primary person accountable for client success.
- Develop and expand community and/or influencer outreach efforts.
- Create monthly reports and communications to inform clients of results and progress of activities.
- Stay current with social media trends and tools.
- Develop process and procedures for ensuring efficiency, consistency, and performance.
- Manage outsourcing tools (i.e. setup, communication & review of FB ad consultants performance, intern requests, Design Pickle requests, etc.).
Billable Hours: Be personally responsible for monitoring regularly and reaching your quota of client hours each month with zero carryover hours. Discuss with manager in advance if billable hours will not be met.
Thrive Project Management: Using the project management tool, assess each client’s project task status and progress weekly to keep up to date on open action items. The management system will provide ways to record, track, and delegate current tasks, communicate with the client, and act as a hub for client documents and assets. Implementation of the project management tool will be essential in the overall success of the team.
Sales Assist, Sales Questions & Social Media Package Creation: Help assist the Sales Team close new deals by attending requested “Meet the Strategists” meetings or help to assign team members to assist. This may also require the creation of free audits & SOMPS to be done by the manager or assigned to strategists on their team. The Sales Team may also have questions pertaining to social media or package related questions that you will assist in along with package creation as needed.
Thrive Team Collaboration: Ongoing communication with Web Team, Sales Team, and Thrive Leadership on project development, timelines, and results. Help to collaborate with creating training manuals for the social media team you manage.
Job Skills Development: Work with direct manager to develop processes to intentionally and regularly develop job-related knowledge and skills.
- Ongoing Professional Development: Keep pace with changes and trends in the Internet marketing industry.
- Represent Thrive in industry forums and networking opportunities.
- Personal Training Plan: Develop and document a 6-month Personal Training Plan with brief training sessions to be held regularly. May also include assigned reading, research, industry activities, etc.
- Weekly Check-ins: Schedule and participate in a weekly update meeting with your Supervisor to discuss the status of each Client Campaign and related goals. Be constantly prioritizing actions toward getting the best results possible for the client. Work closely with the other team members to fully understand, strategize, and meet client goals.
- Discuss each Client Campaign status and set goals for the future.
- Will need to communicate rapidly and effectively with all parties involved in projects.
- Will be expected to meet or exceed project deadlines and budgeted hours. If deadlines or budgeted hours will not be met, communication with the team is expected before the fact.
- Keep track of all details on project status and next steps. Be able to report that information when requested.
- Will be expected to have a drive to continually learn and grow in knowledge and skill of Internet Marketing. Will be expected to follow leading blogs and other resources to stay on the cutting edge.
- Be flexible and able to take on other tasks or projects that may be needed with a small team.
- 3-5 years of social media management experience.
- 3 years of managing a team experience.
- In-depth knowledge of creating and implementing social media strategies.
- Demonstrable success running a large portfolio of paid campaigns across leading social media platforms.
- Hands-on experience in content management.
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image, and video).
- Proficient in online marketing channels.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good understanding of social media KPIs.
- High emotional intelligence.
- Excellent business judgment, analytical, and decision-making skills.
- Clear and concise communicator with effective verbal and written communication skills across all levels of an organization.
- Thrives in a fast pace, high demand working environment, with proven experience successfully growing emerging social channels.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- BS degree in Marketing or relevant field.
Experience requirements: 3+ Years
Employment Type: Full-Time
Date Posted: 01-06-2021
Apply for this job:
Thrive recognizes employees in many ways for their contributions and their commitment to the organization. One such way is by offering a very comprehensive benefits package. This includes a competitive salary, a bonus structure, and a strong benefit program that includes, health, dental, disability, vision and life insurance benefits. At Thrive, we want to ensure all of our employees stay healthy, feel secure, and maintain a strong work/life balance.
Please apply here