Join Our Company:
Thrive is one of the fastest growing and top digital marketing agencies in the world. We are a full-service agency that handles everything in-house and delivers massive and sustainable growth to our business partners and clients. We think about our work in two words; Relationships and Results.
President Matt Bowman founded Thrive in 2005 and has grown the company to over two-hundred employees in thirty-five different states and eleven different countries. We have a deeply rooted talented team (respectfully referred to as Thrivers) of project managers, web designers, content writers, social media specialists, and search engine optimization specialists. We are a close-knit team that is motivated, smart, disciplined and committed to turning ideas into actions.
We now have new headquarters located in Arlington, Texas and have an exciting opportunity for an SEO Strategist to join our team in South Africa.
Through living Thrive’s work mantra, serve as Thrive’s primary accountability for the success of each assigned SEO Campaign. Ensure client satisfaction and ROI. Know your craft and stay on top of changes in the industry to ensure the best client experience!
Client Relationship Management: Understand and own client goals. Maintain and build relationships with key client staff to create client profiles and use competitive analysis and keyword research to maintain optimal retention rate and client satisfaction.
Search Engine Optimization Strategy and Implementation: Create strategy and build systems and protocols internally that ensure all SEO efforts are optimized for all assigned clients. Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) for “successful” organic search campaigns that everyone understands and which complement overall marketing and business objectives.
- Develop and Implement SEO Strategy
- Drive Content Marketing Strategy to increase rankings and online visibility.
- Work with internal and external teams to develop link building strategy and website support.
- Ensure high quality client communication and monthly campaign reports address both key metrics as well as your clients unique definition of success
- Keyword ranking analysis and research for forecasting to improve rankings and traffic.
- Measure and analyze ROI as set by you and the client.
- Regularly analyze traffic, keyword rankings and site performance.
- Collaborate with colleagues on large or small projects.
- Explain SEO traffic performance and search engine algorithm changes to the clients
- Stay up to date with SEO trends and current with latest SEO technologies.
- Time Management Skills
- Assisting sales team with presentations
- Work with the web team on pre/ post launch SEO tasks or other tasks to ensure client success
- Collaboration across Thrive’s marketing teams: social media, web, creative, CRO, email and others.
Monthly Campaign Evaluation and Reporting: Monitor, evaluate and adjust strategy based on campaign results. Set SEO goals for the upcoming month based on analysis and strategy. Be ready to appropriately respond to clients asking questions or expressing concerns about perceived progress, essentially re-selling them on their marketing investment. Ability to take data and turn it into actionable insights to adjust strategy monthly.
Billable Hours: Be personally responsible for monitoring regularly and reaching your quota of client hours each month with zero carryover hours, and discussing any inabilities to meet quota with manager. Meet or exceed daily billable goals of up to 6.8 billable client hours per day while balancing internal meetings.
Thrive Project Management: Using the project management tool, assess each client’s project task status and progress weekly to keep up to date on open action items. Ability to be proactive with client results and communication.
Thrive Team Collaboration: Ongoing communication with Digital Marketing Team, Web Team, and Thrive management on project development, timelines, and results. Maintain excellent communication (written and verbal), organization and time management skills.
Job Skills Development: Work with an SEO Manager to develop processes to intentionally and regularly develop job related knowledge and skills. Willingness to continually improve by learning new tools or skills where needed.
- Minimum of 2 years experience SEO and SEO Strategy.
- Minimum of 2 years experience with Google Analytics.
- Minimum of 2 years experience utilizing Google Search Console.
- Minimum of 2 years experience utilizing WordPress.
- Search Engine Optimization experience preferred.
- Prior experience with Shopify & Ecommerce Marketing preferred.
- Ahrefs, Moz, Screaming Frog, AWR Cloud, SEMrush, Page Optimizer Pro, experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to create engaging and persuasive content articles and copy is a plus.
- Clear and concise communicator with effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Project management skills.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excitement and drive to continuously learn new skills and take on new challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Drive to continually improve and grow in knowledge and skill of organic search.
- Knowledge of basic web design and technology principles and their SEO implications.
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS is a plus.
- Google Analytics certified is a plus.
- Flexibility to take on and handle other tasks or projects as assigned.
Hiring organization: Thrive Internet Marketing Agency
Employment Type: Full-Time
Compensation: Based on experience.
Apply for this job:
The ideal candidate is someone who is upbeat and does not mind jumping on video calls with clients or with multiple team members. They would not mind communicating through multiple platforms to interact with team members and clients (This could include emails, comment sections, internal communication logs/boards, recording demonstration videos for team members/clients or speaking to groups with the video camera on.) This person should feel comfortable making independent decisions while balancing reasonable judgment calls of bringing the challenges to teammates or leadership.
The candidate should feel comfortable working from a remote environment that has a professional background on video calls. This person would maintain a positive attitude and be able to reach out to any team member if assistance is needed. The candidate would feel comfortable reaching out to team members in other departments that they may have not met yet. This person would feel comfortable with working on multiple projects in different stages. This person would also have the willingness to assist other SEO’s with their tasks and work in a remote team environment.
To apply, please email your resume to [email protected]