SEO Content Editor
Join Our Company:
Thrive is one of the fastest growing and top digital marketing agencies in the world. We are a full-service agency that handles everything in-house and delivers massive and sustainable growth to our business partners and clients. We think about our work in two words; Relationships and Results.
President Matt Bowman founded Thrive in 2005 and has grown the company to over two-hundred employees in thirty-five different states and eleven different countries. We have a deeply rooted talented team (respectfully referred to as Thrivers) of project managers, web designers, content writers, social media specialists, and search engine optimization specialists. We are a close-knit team that is motivated, smart, disciplined and committed to turning ideas into actions.
We now have new headquarters located in Arlington, Texas and have an exciting opportunity for a Content Editor to join our team in South Africa! The SEO Content Editor will provide Advanced SEO-friendly content. You should be an expert in SEO and the digital marketing landscape.
- Ability to work effectively in a remote work environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple team members
- Ability to edit content quickly and efficiently, finishing multiple blog edits per hour
- Strong content writing/editing skills for the web
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to manage client expectations and successfully overcome barriers
- Ability to analyze data and use best practices for leveraging it in content
- Experience with writing headlines, meta titles and meta descriptions
- Experience using keywords in content, using anchor text for links and knowledge of link building
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Above-average time management skills
- Task-oriented and highly organized
- Knack for multitasking
- Comfortable working on a tight deadline and has a personal drive to achieve them
- Comfortable working in Google Docs, Spreadsheets, Google Slides and WordPress preferred
- Work closely with other content editors to ensure all content writing efforts are planned and executed as per client requests. The ability to edit both for context and grammar, punctuation, style and tone.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently to edit multiple SEO articles per hour consecutively during your work day.
- Primary responsibility will be content editing for client projects across all of our teams, mostly focused on SEO content (including link building) but also web projects, landing pages, blog posts, social media and PPC content as well.
- Proofread and edit content from a team of content writers and outsourced platforms that’s optimized for voice, tone, spelling, grammar, punctuation and conversion.
- Effectively manage the content flow of all content to and from the content service center that is assigned/ordered from various service teams, including SEO, link building, web projects, PPC and social media.
- Ability to match content to content briefs, assuring all keywords are adequately accounted for and all client and SEO requirements have been met.
- Ability to write strong, precise headlines, headers and subheads throughout the content to accurately convey the content’s purpose.
- Experience using AI tools to outline and write content is a plus but not required.
- Create content briefs for outsourced content orders
- Develop processes and procedures for ensuring efficiency, consistency, and performance.
- Manage timelines of content fulfillment.
- Attend daily and weekly Zoom video meetings to collaborate with internal team members.
- Any other content editing work that will benefit our clients and service teams.
- Sometimes will be required to fill gaps in content with effective content writing when receiving back outsourced content that is not complete or has gaps that need to be addressed.
- Will need to communicate rapidly and effectively with all parties involved in projects.
- Will be expected to meet project deadlines and budgeted hours. If deadlines or budgeted hours will not be met, communication with the team is expected before the fact.
- Keep track of all details on project status and next steps. Be able to report that information when requested.
- Will be expected to have a drive to continually learn and grow in knowledge. Will be expected to follow leading blogs and other resources to stay on the cutting edge of technology and digital marketing trends and the latest Google algorithm updates.
- Be flexible and able to take on other tasks or projects that may be requested.
- Must continue to increase speed and quality.
- 3+ years experience in an agency or corporate digital marketing setting
- 3+ years experience in SEO, Digital Marketing & Content Editing
- Experience in creating creative content through journalistic storytelling
- Exceptional writing, narrative voice and a clear command of English grammar, with verifiable samples of your past work
- Strong aptitude for project managing
- Knowledge of outsourced platforms such as TextBroker, ExpressWriters, UpWork, etc., and past experience managing outsourced content is a plus.
- Knowledge of SEO principles as it regards to writing web content and link building
- Knowledge and experience using writing tools such as Grammarly, Copyscape and others
- Knowledge and experience using a project management platform, Teamwork or Trello is a plus
- Knowledge and experience using Ahrefs, SEMRush, or similar keyword research tool set
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Positive attitude, detail-oriented, team player and customer-focused
Hiring organization: Thrive Internet Marketing Agency
Employment Type: Full-Time
Compensation: Based on experience.
Apply for this job:
Thrive recognizes employees in many ways for their contributions and their commitment to the organization. One such way is by offering a competitive salary, a bonus structure, 401k match, technology stipend and SO much more. At Thrive, we want to ensure all of our employees stay healthy, feel secure, and maintain a strong work/life balance.
To apply, please email your resume to [email protected]