HR & Admin Director
This role provides executive-level leadership and guidance to the human resources function of a close-knit and diverse, remote team. The HR & Admin Director will serve as an advocate to the employees and business partner to leadership. The HR & Admin Director is responsible for setting and administering best practices, HR programs, and strategically implement key talent management initiatives that will drive continued growth. The HR & Admin Director will oversee and manage the internal admin and billing team.
- Minimum of 5 years HR generalist experience, plus at least some recruiting, benefits, training and compensation experience.
- Experience in working with a remote workforce
- Ability to facilitate internal employee training
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) certification preferred
- High energy “A” player
- Past agency or startup experience preferred, but not required
- Develops and administers various human resources plan and procedures for all company personnel.
- Administers benefits programs such as life, health, and dental insurance, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
- Conducts wage surveys within labor market to determine competitive wage rate.
- Prepares budget of human resources operations.
- Develops and leads programs for training needs, performance management, onboarding/offboarding, internal promotions, and employee engagement.
- Owns and maintains the recruiting process for Thrive. Collaborates with hiring managers to ensure hiring needs and goals are being met.
- Prepares reports and recommends procedures to reduce absenteeism and turnover.
- Represents organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Plans, organizes and controls all activities of the department. Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Implements and annually updates the compensation program; rewrites job descriptions as necessary; conducts annual salary surveys and develops merit pool (salary budget); analyzes compensation; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Develops, recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures; performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, annual re-evaluation of policies for cost-effectiveness, information activities program and cash flow.
- Coaches leadership, counsels team members, makes recommendations for disciplinary actions and/or separation.
- Creates and administers feedback surveys to understand company needs. Works with leadership to develop people-centric goals for the company.
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 annually; maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt, nonexempt and temporary workers; writes and places advertisements; works with supervisors to screen and interview candidates; conducts reference checking; may extend job offers; conducts new-employee orientations and on-boarding; monitors career-path program and employee relations counseling; conducts exit interviews.
- Establishes and maintains department records and reports. Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings, such as seminars. Maintains organizational charts and employee directory.
- Evaluates reports, decisions and results of department initiatives in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Provides guidance and management to human resources and admin team members.
- Provides performance feedback to team members during quarterly reviews and weekly 1:1s.
- Works with team members to identify goals and assign projects.
- Coaches/trains team members. Encourages professional development.
- Ensures department goals and deadlines are being met.
- HR Expertise
- Project Management
- Talent Management
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Global & Cultural Awareness
- Emotional Intelligence
- Leadership & Navigation
- Relationship Management
- Ethical Practice
Hiring organization: Thrive Internet Marketing Agency
Location: Arlington, Texas
Industry: Internet Marketing
Educational requirements: Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
SHRM-CP or PHR certification strongly preferred
Experience leading a team of HR and Admin professionals required.
6+ years of experience in a senior-level HR role preferred.
Experience requirements: 6+ years
Employment Type: Full-Time
Compensation: Compensation based on experience.
Benefits: Remote work
Health and dental 90% paid by company
LTD 100% paid by company
401k with up to 2% company match
Company paid holidays
Debt Free Grants
Company funded Health Savings Account (HRA)
Annual company paid retreat
Remote Work: We offer remote working so you don’t have to live in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas.
Date Posted: 02-04-2020